I was driving along today, listening to Coldplay's new album, wondering who killed Lilly Kane. And who raped Veronica. Veronica Mars has my brain all thinking. I hate that. I've seen the first 8 episodes now. You'll all be very proud of me, because I also managed to get my friend M at work totally hooked too. In fact, she's way worse than I am. I've been giving her 4 episodes a day, and every morning she calls and tells me that she needs more. She's ahead of me now, but I've given up trying to catch her, because I realized that there is only about 5 weeks left for me to get caught up on SG1 before the series 9 premiere. I still have to watch 5, 6, 7 and most of 8. GAH!
The good news is that Future Shop has put them on sale. Seasons 1-5 are only $35. 6 is $40, and 7 is like $63 or something. I bought 5 last week, but for $50. Thankfully they'll do that price match thing within 30 days, so I figure I'll get season 6, and with my refunded $15 it'll only be $25! I also realize this means I will probably end up buying seasons 1-3 at some point. I just can't avoid a sale. But yeah, 5 weeks... and something like 80 episodes. I can do this.mspooh
you'll love this - I was at work, talking to M about my Stargate obsession, and our co-worker D overheard and got all excited. "Are you talking about Stargate Atlantis? It's the best show ever!" and then he went on about how Shep and McKay were the best characters in the history of the universe. I thought about asking him if he felt that Shep and McKay shared a deep, undying love, but I figured he'd get all freaked out at the mention on Guy on Guy love. He's one of those guys that thinks 2 girls is totally hot, but 2 guys is disgusting. Men. I so don't get them.
A million years ago celli
pinged me on that 6 favourite songs thing that was going around. So here goes... and these may become YSI links when I am at home and have access to my computer.
1. Depeche Mode - Enjoy the Silence. The best song ever in the history of time imho, and you won't be able to change my mind on that. Fantastic beat, gorgeous melody and amazing lyrics. Plus, the sex that is Dave Gahan's voice. He's even managed to sway trixalicious
to the dark side. And she said that would never happen. Everything else on this list may change from time to time, but this will always be number one.
2. Elbow - George Lassoes The Moon. I love a lot of Elbow songs, but this one always gets me. Really bad. Guy Garvey also has a total sex voice, and he uses so much emotion when he sings. Just beautiful.
3. Coldplay - Spies. Before X&Y, before A Rush Of Blood To The Head, there was Parachutes. I still think this album is amazing, and no matter what stupid things Chris Martin says or does I will never fall out of love with Parachutes. There are so many good songs on this, and it's hard to pick a favourite, but I think Spies edges out Don't Panic by a tiny bit.
4. Longwave - Wake Me When It's Over. This one just gets under my skin. I first heard Longwave playing in a cd store... I asked what it was, the girl said Longwave, and skipped it back to this song. By the time the song was about 30 seconds in, I told her I'd buy the album. It's that good.
5. Interpol - Specialist. The way Interpol uses guitars should be illegal. And that part where the bass comes throbbing in is spectacular.
6. Doves - The Man Who Told Everything. When I first heard this song I knew I had to have the album. I then searched 4 cd stores until I found a copy of Lost Souls which I bought for $30. I don't regret a cent of it. One of my all time favourite albums.
I'm supposed to pass this on to 6 people so (and apologies if you've already done it) onexbyxone
, and sullymel